I am not going to write about how hypocritical it is for a pro-life supporter to shoot a Dr. I’m not going to talk about how God doesn’t want this; or that murder is murder.
No, I want to talk about getting off our collective asses and getting to work.
I am disgusted and angry about Dr. Tiller and Randall Terry and Bill O’Reiley and Ann Coulter. But I don’t want to just whine.
Margaret Mead reminded us that a single person can change the world. So here’s 5 things I am going to do.
1. Increase my donations to Planned Parenthood, Emily’s List and Washington State Naral by 10% this year.
2. Walk the “Run for your Rights” 5K on August 29th in Bellingham.
3. Go through my closet and donate more work-appropriate clothes to “Dressed for Success.”
4. Contact my Senators and Representatives to urge them to confirm Justice Sotomayor.
5. Watch what I say and sow hope, laughter and peace instead of division, fear and despair.
Shooting someone because they hold a different view than you do is a form of insanity. I can and must do something that makes our world better. Standing by is not an option.